You bring your dirty clothes to a laundromat to
clean them up.
You bring your dirty prose to Editomat to clean it up.
Editomat will help you lift your writing
to the next level. It will show you the weak sections of your
text, difficult to understand sentences and find potential issues
with word choice.
Editomat will not modify your text. That's a task for a human.
Editomat highlights the areas you should examine and decide whether
to rework your prose.
Editomat analyzes based on individual words, clauses, sentences
and an entire piece.
Cleaning up a document with Editomat is three easy steps.
- Load the document into Editomat, either from the File/Open
menu or by cutting and pasting from another document, or with the File/Attach
to attach to a document in MS Word (Windows only, sorry.)
- Click one of the analysis buttons.
- Modify your text based on the report.
- Highlights weak words that stain your prose instead of adding brightness or color.
- Highlights words that are repeated nearby.
- Shows words you use most often in a piece.
- Shows sentences that are too long, short, or just repetitive.
- Highlights passive voice.
- Highlights adverbs.
- Graphs the emotional intensity of your work.
- Graphs sentence lengths to find repetitious phrasing.
- Shows how your work compares to others in your genre.
And much more.